Claims Adjuster - Remote
The main duty of the Claims Adjuster at Lancer Claims Services is to adjust difficult losses for the program to which they are assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
• 3-5 years litigation and claims management experience.
• College degree or equivalent professional liability/claims litigation management experience.
• Must be licensed as a Qualified Claims Manager in the State of California and any other states as needed.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Critical thinker.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel.
• This position may require routine or periodic travel which may require the teammate to drive their own vehicle or a rental vehicle. Teammates who drive for the Company are subject to a Motor Vehicle Record report at the time of hire and periodically thereafter, acceptable MVR results and maintenance of minimum acceptable auto insurance coverages are a requirement.
• The Claims Adjuster is involved in complicated programs that generate high awareness among the client, the underwriting carrier, the sponsoring company, and CalSurance Associates. The Claims Adjuster will often be called upon to make presentations to these groups.
• Research applicable coverage for our insureds. Document coverage dates, limits, and restrictions.
• Identify and resolve any potential coverage questions. Draft reservation of rights and coverage denials for review and approval by the Coverage Senior Claims Adjuster.
• Secure supporting documentation for assigned claims, e.g.: insured’s file materials and notes, underwriting guidelines, underwriting carrier’s investigation package, phone logs, etc. Investigate facts of underlying loss by securing statements and supporting documentation such as copy of policy, police reports, estimates of repair, new account profile, risk tolerance questionnaire, etc.
• Exercise judgment in applying legal liability to assigned claims and will have full settlement authority up to their specific authority, which may vary from carrier to carrier.
• Assign defense counsel to answer and defend lawsuits when appropriate. Monitor and direct defense
counsel, independent adjusters, and experts.
• Identify claims with potential exposure in excess of authority and advise the Claims Supervisor/Team Lead.
• Handle claims within guidelines of the Fair Claims Practices 790.03
• Provide insureds, claimants and sponsoring companies with regular updates on status of file handling.
• Discuss unique and complex files or issues with Claims Supervisor/Team Lead.
Our Company offers full time teammates a benefit package that includes 401k plan, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental, vision and other voluntary products. Our Company pays for insurance licensing and related continuing education credits for our employees. Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants. Lancer Claims Services/CalSurance Associates is a subsidiary of Brown & Brown Inc., listed on the New York Stock Exchange, Brown & Brown (BRO).